About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 50 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website.

Saturday 5 August 2023

Saturday/Sunday

It's 03:20 in the morning and I'm, more or less, wide awake. The pain in my right leg has been getting increasingly worse. Today, it's about 7/10 increasing at times to 9/10. It's depressing.

I had planned to begin writing some of the articles on the TTBF, but as I can't view the images, I'm somewhat stuck. I've no idea how long I'm going to be in here.

Someone is coming to our flat on Tuesday to assess our needs. I must remember to ask Simon to ask them for an inflatable backrest for the bed. Something like this...


I don't know how I'll be able to get out of bed without one of these. I think I'll also need a toilet frame as well. Perhaps a 'kerb drop' outside our front door would be useful but would probably be prohibitively expensive.




I'm depressed about not being able to drive for a few weeks/months. I much prefer being in the driver's seat rather than being driven everywhere. I've preferred being the driver in our car ever since I passed my driving test.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment