About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 50 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website.

Sunday 15 October 2023

Sunday 15th October 2023 AM

 It's a typical weekend with nothing on television.

I'd planned to do nothing this weekend, but I can't relax throughout it, or do nothing.

So I'm listening to and taking notes from 'The Organised Writer'. My 'bum' continues to be painful, so I've searched Amazon for a 'donut-shaped cushion. Let's see if it works.

I'm also spending my time searching for information about the course I'm starting on 31st October 2023 'Writing for Magazines':Writing for Magazines .

I'm also taking a look at the following websites that have been flagged up in 'The Organised Writer':

I've studied the above links briefly and have deduced that some of them may possibly be of interest to a greater or lesser degree. However, I take no responsibility for the content contained therein.

Good day fellow scribblers! Have a good week! Richard



No comments:

Post a Comment