About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 50 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website.

Friday 17 November 2023

Funny Friday

It's been a bit of a funny day today. A couple of books that I'd ordered from Amazon arrived today. But I'd never have known that they'd arrived until I got an email from Amazon telling me that they'd been delivered. The courier had left them on the floor outside our flat door. 

I may have already mentioned it but I've graduated to being able to take a few slow short steps without the aid of a walking stick. I'm getting there! I'm just hoping that I won't be left with a limp.
Another thing I think that I haven't already mentioned is that on Monday I finally got to go back to attending the evening at my writing group, Slough Writers. It's the first time that I've been able to attend since early July. I really enjoyed it and it was great to be back amongst other writers. I'm indebted to Mark who kindly gave me a lift as I'm not allowed to drive for the time being.

So far today, I've been reviewing my notes for my article 'Does owning a dog make you happy?'. I've also been leafing through a couple of books about writing articles for magazines.

That's all for now. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment