About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 50 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website.

Sunday 24 December 2023

Merry Chrismas Eve




From

Simon & Richard

Outwardly, it seems an ordinary Sunday, yet it isn't. It's Christmas Eve.

I slept all morning, but I didn't wake up until 13:30 with Simon waking me up with a cup of coffee. I must have slept with my arm beneath me and I'm now suffering with a 'dead' arm!

I had planned to do some writing 'work' today, but that's flown out of the window. The first thing that I had to do was to take Lottie out into the garden. I then went to the shop and got him some cigarettes and me some 'Vuse' vapes. I've since had my lunch of ham, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, mash, and apple sauce (I know that what I had for lunch is of the most interest to readers!)

It's 15:28 and I don't plan to do any writing or studying this afternoon. Simon's in the lounge watching something about ancient civilizations and I'm in the bedroom doing this!

A few days ago, I bought a camera from Amazon, but the card wasn't fitted and I broke the card trying to fit it into the slot.

I had to buy a new one, and this wouldn't fit either, so I read the instruction manual, and it turns out that I had been trying to fit (and the previous one) in the wrong 'slot', the 'slot' meant for the HDMI cable connector. Once I'd found the correct 'slot', it fitted and worked! As Simon's mum said: "That's typical of a man!"

I think that I'm getting clothes for Christmas, so no need for 'instructions' apart from washing instructions/directions!


The last of all to choose to buy Christmas pressies for is Lottie. Unlike some of the previous dogs we've owned, Lottie doesn't see much in Christmas as long as she gets fed, so she'll probably get cooked liver (her favourite), but it won't get wrapped up. Unlike Danny, who used to like and rip his presents apart, Lottie will just stand there sniffing the parcel.

I'm a little concerned for myself. A few years ago, the landlord, Slough Borough Council, removed the gas fire and fitted a 'flue' to draw out the household fumes. The fireplace was bricked up and we fitted an electric flame-effect 'stove'. So how will Santa get in to deliver our presents?

I'll try a little ingenuity!




No comments:

Post a Comment