About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 60 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website. It's at http://richardhill.co.uk/latest.html

Sunday 13 October 2024

Kaira's Update

 SCROLL DOWN FOR OCTOBER 2024 COMPETITIONS

Kaira settled down really well for the night. We've got two beds for her; one in the lounge for daytime use and one in the bedroom for nighttime.

She barked once last night, otherwise, no barking which is a relief!

Simon took her out for a walk this morning and she met up with our neighbours' dog, 'Patch' whom she was fine with.

She's eating, drinking, and sleeping well and springs into action when something interesting happens such as when one of us goes into the kitchen.

Tomorrow, I've got to update her microchip details but need to find out who she's currently registered with. I'm unsure how to find out this information, so I will ask someone at 'Pine Ridge Dog Sanctuary' in the morning. We've also got to fit her dog tag to her collar.

As I write this, she's fast asleep on her bed. In a while, I'm going to sit on the bench in our communal garden to have tea with my friend and neighbour Ann while Kaira will be free to roam on her 'long lead'.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment