About Me

My photo
I am a 68-year-old gay disabled amateur part-time writer living in Slough, Berkshire UK. I have published around 60 articles in 20 leisure and lifestyle magazines. I live with a range of health issues including heart disease, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes, depression, atrial fibrillation and restless leg syndrome. (I'm working my way through the medical dictionary!). I'm a member of Slough Writer's Group which is interesting and informative. Latest News. 10th July 2023 Awarded 'The Sandy Lee-Guard Award for Endeavour' by the Slough Writers Group. 6th December 2023 Completed studying 'Writing for Magazines' with CityLit University. January 2nd 2024. Fell over in the lounge and fractured my left femur (whilst recovering from fracturing my right femur in July 2023). Recovery expected to take 6 - 8 months. May 2024. Completed studying ' National Centre for Writing' course 'Creative Non-Fiction - An Introduction'. You can see the articles that have been published in the 'LATEST WORK' section of my website. It's at http://richardhill.co.uk/latest.html

Wednesday 16 October 2024

Working Wednesday

The time has come. I've been putting it off for too long. Yes, you've guessed it. It's time to replace my smartphone. My current phone, a Huawei smartphone, is on its' last leg with lots of gremlins having snuck it!. I'm going to get a Samsung Galaxy A15. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer my contact from my old to my new phone, but I don't think I need to worry. Only around 10 of my contacts are important. The other 60 or so are not. I'm ordering the phone tomorrow (Thursday 17/10/24) for delivery Fri/Sat. I'm keeping my number and SIM card provider, Lebara. I only pay £5 a month.

Meanwhile, Kaira continues to do well and is settling in nervously but nicely. She's quite happy! I'm going to 'Pine Ridge Dog Sanctuary' (who rescued Kaira) tomorrow afternoon to interview and photograph for a 800-1,200 word article about them for 'Dogs Today' magazine. The unusual 'hook' of the story is that they rescue ALL their dogs from Spain. I'll update you soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment